Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Healthy Banana Nut Bread

I've REALLY been craving banana bread lately. I mean BAD. 

My little girl hasn't done that great with bananas in the past, but I've been slowly adding them back into my diet recently and she's been doing great!

So my first order of business was to find a healthy banana bread recipe - this didn't disappoint!

I adapted this from this recipe.

What you need:
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
  • 3 cups oats, blended until fine
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash the ripe bananas in a large bowl.
Add in eggs and oil, mixing thoroughly.
Add in oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts, continuously mixing.
Pour into a bread loaf pan, greased with coconut oil
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center.


Enjoy & try not to eat the whole thing! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment