Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 1 of the 3-Day Refresh - My Honest Thoughts and Review, Day by Day!

Sooo... I kind of fought doing the new 3-Day Refresh for awhile.

See, I did the 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse before this ever came out. And I came to the realization (although I got great results) - I really like food. I mean, really, REALLY like food!

But after seeing some of my friends go through the cleanse and rave about how great they felt afterwards, I knew I had to give it a try!

So three of my coaches and I purchased the kit and committed to starting it today! My first thoughts: thank God it's VEGAN! My body HATES dairy!

That, and although I've been doing every workout, I've definitely slacked in the nutrition department. Big time! I did great while on the 21 Day Fix, but once I stopped with the containers, it was too easy to let things slip. So it was DEFINITELY time to get back on track!


DAY 1

So, Day 1 consisted of me fighting my coffee cravings right off - I downed about 30 oz of water within the first hour of waking up!

I did my Piyo Sweat workout (I toned it down quite a bit because of this), then had my Shakeology for breakfast!


By 9:30, I had already had over 66 oz of water! They recommend that you drink at least half your body weight in ounces for this cleanse - I think I've got that part down ;)


An hour after your Shakeology, you're allowed to have herbal tea (coffee is looked down on, but you can have black. I'm trying it without the coffee for day 1!). I downed my tea and (no surprise here!) more water!


Now, mid-morning is when you're allowed to have your fiber sweep. I was honestly worried about this one - I had heard a variety of opinions. It was definitely thick, but my friend Wendi had mentioned it kind of tasted like Fruit Loops to her - and that's exactly how I felt about it!


 I still chugged it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, by any means!

Throughout the day, I was tired, which is really not surprising, considering I usually have at least 3 cups of coffee and waaayyyy too many carbs. This girl needs to detox!!!

My lunch was 1/2 large carrot with 2 Tbsp avocado and my vanilla fresh shake (with strawberries & ice):



When my little guy went down for his nap, I took my own! Man, I am SO dependent on coffee! But woke up feeling better, just still a little tired :)

I had my afternoon snack (1/2 cup cucumbers with 1/2 tomato and olive oil) and completely forgot to take a picture of it for you! It was good though!

An hour later, I had my herbal non-caffeinated tea. I've never had herbal tea before, but this was really REALLY good!

This was definitely the toughest part of the the day for me. I had my tea around 4:30, and was pretty hungry. So I moved my dinner to 5:30 (it's usually at 6:30 when hubby gets home).

Dinner tonight was SOOO good!

I made the coconut veggie dinner - veggies with coconut oil and a little salt:


I also jumped on the opportunity to have vegetable broth - and even added fresh basil!


My dinner was finished off by the Vanilla Fresh shake - I added a little cinnamon and pure vanilla extract. I was feeling a little weak beforehand, but after this, I felt sooo much better!


Closing my day out with my caffeine-free herbal tea and thinking I may go to bed a little early tonight ;)

PS - I think I had over 100 oz of water today!


Stand by for my Day 2 details tomorrow!! :)

Pssst - you can check out my honest review and final results here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment