Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse Results

I have been told that a cleanse is about 99% mental. I can definitely see how that is the case! I learned so much about myself with the 3-Day cleanse..

First, I discovered I am most likely lactose intolerant! I've had a hard time with dairy for as long as I can remember. I never eat cheese, and buy organic yogurt. During this challenge, I used the regular chocolate Shakeology for my meals and snacks.  This contains whey protein. After about a day and a half, I knew something was wrong because, well, the cleanse was having the OPPOSITE effect on me than it has on everyone else. I was getting stomach pains, cramps, and pretty much the same symptoms I get here and there (but never knew exactly why).

My husband suggested that I might be lactose intolerant - which is something he'd suggested before, but I didn't believe at the time. Once I looked it up, though, I was convinced: I have about 90% of the symptoms associated with that condition! Looks like I'll be trading in my regular Shakeology for vegan, and we'll see what happens!

SO - anyways, I did the best I could, and still lost 6 pounds and 1.5 inches overall!


It really is a battle in your own mind to get through this thing. Setbacks aside, I went to a birthday party on Saturday, where they had cake, ice cream, pumpkin pie, you name, it they had it. That was tough but I got through!

I highly recommend a cleanse to kick-start your weight loss, before you start a program, etc. Of course, we all suffer setbacks, but it's what you choose to push through that will get you your results!

Now, on to my second round of TURBOFIRE!!!

-Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment