Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Black Bean Soup - Quick, Healthy, & Easy!


Cheap, healthy & quick! I used what I had on hand, so you can use whatever veggies you like, as long as they go with the beans - celery would have worked well in this too. Obviously, this is WAY not safe for L, but I enjoyed it!

-2 cups of black beans, cooked (or canned black beans will work too)
-3 medium carrots
-1 red pepper
-1/2 medium onion (I used a red onion)
-1 green pepper
-minced garlic (to your taste)
-1/2 cup salsa
-1/8 tsp ground cumin
-1/4 tsp chili powder
-salt & pepper
-1 cup water

Place water in a large pot and cook on high heat until boiling. While water is heating, cut up all veggies and place in a food processor until they are small pieces. Add veggies to boiling water. Add the beans to the food processor, until mostly chopped (I left some whole for texture), and then add to veggie mixture. Add garlic, spices and salsa and return to boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes or until peppers and carrots are softened.

This was pretty hot for me, I would recommend adding some fat-free Greek yogurt to cool it down. Enjoy!

-Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment