Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sugar-free Vegan Fruit Muffins - Kid approved!

If you're anything like us, you might have a PICKY eater on your hands!

We only have a certain amount of safe food we can work with, so it's definitely a challenge finding or creating new recipes that he will actually eat!

SO I was pretty darn proud of myself when I threw this together and he ate two and a half muffins! Yup - my picky eater!! Super proud Mama moment!


I know there's got to be other Mamas out there struggling with getting their kiddos to eat with a limited safe food list, so I had to share! This is SO easy and quick to make - I think it took me ten minutes to get it in the oven!

What you need:
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
  • 2 cups safe flour (we use white whole wheat - there's no barley in there!)
  • 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
  • 1/4 cup safe milk (we used goat's milk)
  • 2 cups fruit - I used frozen blueberries and strawberries**
**TIP: cut the strawberries (or bigger fruit that you use) into smaller pieces! Otherwise, you may find that your muffins fall apart. I also rinsed them and soaked them in water first. This helped make the muffins very moist!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients, except the fruit, in a large bowl. Drain the fruit well, and stir in until just blended.

Spray a muffin pan thoroughly with safe spray and scoop the batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Enjoy!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment