Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Roasted Zucchini - Anti-candida


I apologize for not posting more lately - I've been trying to build my strength back up and the brain fog is just starting to settle down. I wouldn't wish this candida thing on anyone!

SOO this is a new journey for me - no sugar, no carbs, no coffee, and no fruit even!

So I am turning this around to try to help others who may need encouragement, or some yummy recipes with limited ingredients!

I found this recipe on the Martha Stewart website. Usually, I'm not a fan, but I only had to add to add garlic (hello, anti-fungal superfood!), it was safe for me to eat, AND it tasted AMAZING!

So!

What you need:
  • 2 zucchini 
  • 1 summer squash
  • 1 onion
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 clove of garlic, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Quarter and cut zucchini and summer squash into smaller chunks. Thinly slice onion.

On a rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini and onion with oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. 

Roast 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. 
 


Enjoy!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment