Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oat Bran Muffins - Anti-candida

Ok, let's be real here.

I love vegetables.

I tolerate proteins.

But I miss carbs. Seriously. My digestive system is so messed up from not having them, I've been in a state of panic for a week and a half now.

Until now.



I found this recipe on the whole new mom website. This woman is GOOD! I only tweaked a couple of things and they were SO good!

I was SO excited to have something besides veggies and protein!
  • 2 1/2 cups uncooked oat bran (soak these first! I soaked mine with 1 Tbsp buckwheat flour, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, and the rest water - for 12+ hours.)
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1-2 t salt 
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 t vanilla extract
  • 4 T coconut oil
  • 1/4 chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.

2. Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.

3. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.

4. Add wet ingredients to dry and then add nuts if using.

5. Put into greased muffin tins (mini or regular size)..

6. Bake for 10-20 minutes until a knife comes out clean(ish).

This recipe makes about 10-12 regular muffins or about 40 mini muffins. I actually cut this recipe in half because I'm not going to eat too many in a day! :)

PS - if you have a candida issue and you're like me with a messed up digestive system, hopefully these help you as much as they've helped me ;)

Enjoy!!



1 comment:

  1. Tell me more about soaking the oat bran. When you say the rest water, is that enough to cover? And then do you just leave it out on the counter or soak in the fridge? And then does it need to be drained or strained or anything before you use it? I've never soaked oat bran. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete