Monday, August 4, 2014

Walnut-crusted Chicken Dinner

Every Monday (sometimes Tuesday), I try to find a new recipe to share with you all - I'm trying a sort of modified elimination diet this week (taking out oats and most wheat), and I had some chicken and walnuts so this recipe on the Martha Stewart website definitely got my attention!


I didn't have all the ingredients, but it was SO moist, crunchy and the best part: it's a healthier twist than using plain old bread crumbs!


What I used:
  • 2 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted
  • 1/3 cup walnuts
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 large egg white
  • 4 chicken breast halves boneless and skinles
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine bread, and walnuts, season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form.


Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white.


Dip each chicken breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.


Carefully place chicken in a shallow baking pan (spray pan with cooking spray first). 


Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through - it took me about 20 minutes (use a meat thermometer, it helps!)

While chicken is cooking, cook veggies (we had fresh veggies from our garden!) and rice. 




Enjoy!!



1 comment: