Saturday, August 23, 2014

Easy Maple Blueberry Ice Cream - No Churning Needed!


I've tried making my little guy ice cream before.

Usually, I throw together a smoothie, toss it in the freezer for awhile, and it never comes out quite right.

It's a Saturday night, and I wanted my little boy to have GOOD ice cream today.

But I:

A) Don't have an ice cream churner,

B) Don't have a ton of time,

C) Can't use ANY dairy or eggs in it.

So what's an FPIES Mama to do?

Get determined ;)


I think I succeeded! ;)

What you need:

  • 1 cup goat milk (or other safe milk)
  • 1 cup organic blueberries
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Blend all items together well (I use a nutribullet).

Pour into a freezer bag, and spread out mixture so it's thin. Secure bag tightly and lay out in freezer.

Freeze for about an hour, then flip. It *should* look like this:


Freeze for another hour.

Remove from freezer and scrunch up with your hands (I also beat it with a spoon - good stress therapy!) ;)

Using your hands, smooth ice cream in bag until it's all in the bottom of the bag. Roll up the top and place back in the freezer for another half hour or so.


Remove from freezer, and take enough ice cream out for your treat. Place it in a blender with about 1-2 Tbsp safe milk, just enough to soften it, and blend until smoother.

Use an ice cream scoop (if you have one), scoop into a bowl and serve!

It was a big hit! Watch your little one's faces when they try it out! :)


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment