Saturday, September 12, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Pumpkin Muffins


I've said it before, I'll say it again:

I'm totally in love with fall.

But I'm also in love with the concept of fitting into my old jeans.

With fall, comes lots of treats - apple desserts, pies, pumpkin everything, warm doughnuts, ahhhhh - need I go on?

Post-baby goal: To be able to fit into
these happy fall clothes again!
But I'm focused on my goals more than ever before, and determined to enjoy my Fall with all it's yummy flavors while working towards my goals.

The 21 Day Fix meal plan is really amazing - it changed my life last year when it first came out, helped me stay on track during pregnancy and helped kickstart my weight loss after baby was born. So now, I try to stick with the portions and meal plans as much as possible - it really makes decisions so much easier!

This recipe is adapted from here - I changed a few things around, and was pretty happy with how they turned out.

And let me just reiterate: I'm a pumpkin/fall girl. So anything pumpkin makes me happy - the fact that these are healthy made me even happier!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of oats
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 banana
  • 2 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup water

Directions:

Blend all (except the water) together in a blender. Check the consistency, if it's too hard, add a little of the water until it's to your liking.

Using a 1/4 cup scoop, fill 9 muffins evenly in a greased muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!!

1 muffin = 1 Yellow ~ 1/2 purple ~ 2 tsp



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Excited to try the recipe! I was just wondering how this figured out to be 1/2 purple? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney & Joe! Pumpkin actually falls under the purple container category, according to Autumn, so I use one of these as half of a purple container, just in case, since there is pumpkin!

      Delete