Thursday, September 10, 2015

Clean Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies

Gosh, I love fall.

I know, technically we're not there yet, but I caught a hint of fall air the other day, so it's already fall in my own mind ;)

I'm just in love with it.

The leaves.
The cool air.
Bonfires.
Apple picking.
and PUMPKIN.


Oh yes, please.

Jon called me on the way home today and asked if I would like some pumpkin to bake with - I immediately knew I wanted to make some clean pumpkin cookies for you (well, ok, and me too)!

Ingredients:

1 cup unsweetened pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups oat flour (I use regular oats and blend them until fine)
1/2 cup quinoa flour (you can probably substitute this or the oat flour with another flour, though I'm not 100% certain how it will turn out)
1 Tbsp flax
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients, set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Slowly add to wet ingredients, stirring well. Add walnuts in last.

Drop by rounded spoon onto the cookie sheet, and use either a fork or a cookie press to press down.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 - 10 minutes or until done.


Try to eat just one! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment