Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dairy-free, Gluten-free and Sugar-free Clean Pumpkin Pie - Quick & Easy!


So..... pumpkin... again..

I know, I know - my blog is a little ridiculous with pumpkin stuff lately... but what can I say? It's Fall. And I'm in love with all things pumpkin.

I threw this together this past weekend and hubby and I were so blown away with it, I had to recreate it to make sure I had the right portions for each ingredient.

It was a definite win (He ate half of it in one sitting!).



The Crust:

  • 1 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • Water, to the texture you'd like - I used about 1/4 cup

The Filling:
  • 2 cups pumpkin (mine was from an actual pumpkin from our garden and a little soupy - if you're using a can, I'd reduce the amount of milk you use to 1/4 cup and check out the consistency!)
  • 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp milled flax seed
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup honey


For the crust, I greased the pan well, then used my nutribullet (you should be able to use any blender) to blend together the oats, oil, and water until it was the texture I wanted. Press it down into your pan, and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for five minutes.

While crust is baking, prepare the filling. Add all ingredients in your blender and mix well. Remove crust from oven, and pour filling in, placing it right back in the oven when even. 

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until a knife comes out clean.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Yum that sounds good. I have a weird question though, It says its dairy free but I see there is Milk in the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, it is actually almond milk that I used! It came out great too!

      Delete