Saturday, September 6, 2014

Buckwheat Pancakes - Candida Diet Friendly!


Ohhh man....

Again, I love my typical egg and veggie scramble breakfast, but when I have the opportunity to eat pancakes with my little boy, I'm not going to pass that up!

These are super easy to make and I found them on this candida forum - I am not using any milk at all right now, so I subbed out the milk for water, and they still came out great!

With the added coconut flour, you really don't need any sweetener!

What you need: 
  • 2/3 Cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/8 Cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1 egg (beaten in separate bowl)
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk (again, I just used water)
Topping:
1/4 Cup(s) plain yogurt (Greek or another yogurt with probiotic ingredients)
Mix together flours well, and add other dry ingredients, set bowl aside.

In a liquid measuring cup, add water or milk, egg, and olive oil together. Mix well, and slowly add to dry mixture, continuing to stir.

I used coconut oil on the pan, and kept it on low to prevent burning. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to pour mixture on the heated pan. Heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until done.

I let it cool for a few minutes before adding a little yogurt to the top.


Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment