Thursday, June 26, 2014

Shakeology pancakes - Single Serving Recipe :)

Sometimes... you just gotta have pancakes! ;)

I have been craving chocolate BIG TIME today... but rather than go crazy and eat junk, I decided some chocolate protein pancakes would be necessary ;)

Here's the problem: I had the HARDEST time trying to find a recipe that didn't have yogurt of any type. I can't have any dairy!

So I searched for awhile and decided to just throw this chocolate goodness together!

I LOVE what Shakeology does for me - and although I definitely don't recommend heating it (you lose most of the nutritional value), I needed to switch things up a little bit today!

So, I used:
  • 1/4 cup oat flour (see below for a tip if you don't have this!)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate shakeology
  • 2 Tbsp almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1.5 tsp natural peanut butter
Measure out 1/4 cup oat flour - if you don't have oat flour, but have oats, simply take about 1/2 cup oats, and blend it up until it's very fine:

 It should look something like this:


Add egg and 1/2 scoop of Shakeology :




Add almond milk, and vanilla, stir well with a fork:


The consistency should be thick:


Heat a medium saucepan on the stove on LOW/medium heat - not too hot! Once the pan is heated, add batter and monitor.


Once bubbles start to form (after about 3 minutes), flip and cook for an additional 3 - 4 minutes on the other side:



I drizzled the peanut butter on the pancakes and YUM! It definitely hit the spot!! They definitely weren't too sweet, so if you are looking to sweeten it up, I would add 1 tsp of agave nectar :)



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment