Friday, June 27, 2014

Cravings Chocolate But Trying to be Good? Check out this One Minute Chocolate Cake :)

To say that I've been on a little bit of a chocolate kick lately is an understatement:


Tonight was no exception! I wanted something somewhat healthy but that satisfied my sweet tooth. I think I found it! ;)

This was mixed in a bowl, then placed in a mug and cooked in the microwave! I'm not a huge fan of using the microwave, but it seemed pointless to turn on the oven for a single serving dessert!

I found this recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie's blog and knew I had to try it! I made a few adjustments based on the ingredients I had on hand :)

What you need:


  • 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp cacao powder
  • 3 Tbsp Millet Flour (the original recipe called for spelt flour)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp raw organic sugar (the original recipe called for a stevia packet and/or evaporated cane juice)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tsp unsweetened applesauce (the original recipe called for coconut oil)
  • 3 Tbsp Almond Milk
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the liquid ingredients, stir, and transfer to your mug (If you don't want to eat directly out of the mug, be sure to spray the mug with a cooking spray first and allow it to cool first - I'm so glad she specified this!)


Place mug in the microwave and heat for 30 - 40 seconds (mine was more like a minute)

 Try to be patient while it's cooking ;)


Remove from microwave, and allow it to cool before digging in!




Enjoy! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment