Wednesday, January 14, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Quick & Easy French Toast!

I don't have a lot of time to put into my meals - frankly, that's why I love easy and simple 21 day fix recipes!

I am 6 months pregnant tomorrow and committed this past week to stick with the 21 Day Fix workout schedule for the full 21 days. I know, I know - probably nobody's done that before - I'll be modifying a lot and some of the exercises I can't do while pregnant will be replaced with ones I can. I even took my before photos to make it real ;)


So this morning when I woke up and baby wanted french toast, well, I knew we could compromise with my commitments ;)


These are super easy, clean, and fast to make!


What you need:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 2 slices Ezekiel bread
  • 1 tsp honey or agave nectar (if you have agave nectar, that would be best, since it is lower on the glycemic index)
Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.

Using a deep plate or a plastic container (I opted for the container), mix together eggs, water, cinnamon and vanilla. 

Turn stove burner on low.

While pan is heating, take 1 slice of Ezekiel bread and soak in the egg batter, one side at a time (for about 45 - 60 seconds each side). Place immediately in the pan.

Cook for approximately 2 - 3 minutes, then flip. Make sure pan is greased well with the cooking spray so it doesn't stick! 

While the first piece is cooking, soak the second piece in the egg batter. Remove the cooked toast, and add the uncooked to the pan, cooking again for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side, or until done.

Transfer both pieces to a plate, and drizzle with honey or agave nectar.

Maybe it's because I'm always in mom mode, but I always have to cut up everything before I eat it ;)


It was SO good - and it tasted even better because it was CLEAN and I knew I wasn't sabotaging my efforts!

Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment