Sunday, August 24, 2014

Gluten-free Zucchini Dark Chocolate Brownies

Ohhhh yeah, this just happened ;)


Have you checked out the Mama Eats Clean website?

I found it today and fell in love - this Mama goes all-out making good food for her family, working around food intolerances, and trying to make good choices for herself......

She reminded me a lot of me!


So!

I found this recipe for coconut flour zucchini muffins and was SO excited. See, my Mother in law dropped off some coconut flour today and I knew this would be the perfect recipe to try right away. I changed around a few things because as always, I used what I had on hand...

Plus, I have a crazy sweet tooth lately! ;)

SO... what you need:
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup finely shredded zucchini, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup nut butter - I used all-natural, unsalted peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp melted olive oil
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put the 1/2 cup choc chips in a food processor and pulse until they are the consistency of sand (very course). Then add remaining ingredients, except walnuts, and pulse until fully blended.

I only have a tiny food processor, so I pulsed the chocolate chips together, and whisked the rest of the ingredients together with a fork.


Spread into a 8 x 8 baking pan (spray with cooking spray first).

Top with chopped walnuts. 


Bake for 35 minutes.

Let cool before slicing.


Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment