Thursday, March 13, 2014

Allergy-friendly Donut Muffins!

Dairy, Soy & egg free!
We are snowed in today after yet ANOTHER massive snowstorm here in Maine:

My backyard today!

 So we are hunkered down for the day, with not much to do - and I saw THIS in my newsfeed:


It hit me - my little guy has never had donuts! He's never been able to because of all the junk they have - but I could switch a few things around in these to make them safe for him!

I kept most of the ingredients the same, but changed a few:

1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
3/4 cup coconut milk + 1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners. Combine the dry ingredients:


Mix together the wet ingredients, and add to the dry, mixing until combined (do not overmix).


Spoon into the muffin liners:


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. While baking, melt 1/4 cup coconut oil and keep in a separate bowl. Combine the topping (1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 tsp cinnamon) in a separate bowl. Set both bowls aside.

Once the muffins are done, remove from the oven.


While muffins are still warm, CAREFULLY (I used an oven mitt) remove from the pan, and roll the top of each in coconut oil, and then in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Allow to cool before eating. Enjoy!

AND now I can say my little guy officially had his first taste of "donut"! ;)



- Amanda :)


No comments:

Post a Comment