Wednesday, August 28, 2013

5K madness!!

Nothing beats motivation like having
some kick-butt friends!
Last year I ran my first 5K EVER. It was to help support an organization that provides miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss support for those who desperately need it. You can check them out here for more information - I'm already registered for next month's 5K!

Anyways - last year, I ran it, but it was ROUGH! I was overweight, sluggish, and hadn't run for a LONG time. I finished it, but it wasn't pretty! I remember running, feeling like I was going to die (literally ready to just curl up on the sidewalk and give up) - but I have 3 angel babies in heaven I was running for, and I finished for them!

So this year, I ran the Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run in June, and this past Sunday I ran the 5K Run for the Fallen. I was dealing with a cold, but the cause was so important to me, I pushed through. It was SO powerful! There were around 800 other participants. It was truly an amazing time. During the last mile, there were photos of fallen heroes from our State posted for us to see. Beside many of these pictures were their families... And they were cheering US on! I had to fight tears that last mile and I know I'm not alone when I say I pushed myself especially hard towards the end! I am so forever thankful to those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

This year (keep in mind, I'm not a natural runner, never have been), my goal was to run 3 separate 5K's. I've got two down and registered for the last one and I am SO excited!

If you need encouragement, I highly recommend signing up for a 5K you fully believe in and will support! Nothing beats it!

-Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment