Monday, August 18, 2014

21 Day Fix Chicken Dinner!


Yes, it tasted as good as it looks! ;)

Now, if you're like me, you're always cooking for more than yourself.


A lot of moms get frustrated when they see recipes for one - so I'm going to show you what I do (my not-so big secret) to making enough for your family, while also keeping your own portions in check!

What you need:

  • All-purpose seasoning (recipe is in your Fix book!)
  • 1 pound of chicken
  • 1 cup broccoli, chopped
  • 1 cup carrots, chopped
  • 1 cup onions, chopped
  • 1 cup red pepper, chopped
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 2 cups of brown rice.

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the chicken in half lengthwise, and add a little water to a pan. Spread chicken out in pan, and drizzle olive oil over chicken evenly.


Sprinkle all-purpose seasoning over the chicken evenly, then place in the oven. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until completely cooked (meat thermometers are best!).

While chicken is cooking, chop vegetables and measure olive oil into the pan. Heat the oil on medium heat, and add vegetables, stirring occasionally until cooked. Remove from heat.

Cook rice according to package directions.

Once all food is done, use your containers to measure out your portions. If you hubby isn't doing this with you, just heap his portions onto his plate. I used 4 oz for my chicken portion, rather than cutting it up to fit in the container ;)

I'd say I had a pretty good sized meal, though, and it was delicious! :)





Looking for more Fix-approved meals? I got you right here!

Enjoy!!


1 comment: