Sunday, April 20, 2014

P90X3 - An Honest Review!

As many of you may know, I finished up my first round of P90X3 on April 6th and I really liked my results, although the scale didn't budge much, I lost 6 inches overall and feel STRONG!


So why am I posting another review? Well, this one is coming from my husband, who is so on board with beachbody and their programs (and especially Shakeology), that I am allowing him to type up his thoughts on P90X3 and Shakeology (to be carefully reviewed by myself of course ;) ) and share them with you. He has a very physical job, and never thought he needed to work out.

Teamwork!! :)

These are his results and his review :)

Jon:

"So I did it. I made a giant leap in January and started P90X3. What did I have to lose? I was already grouchy, so things could only look up. When I left the military in 2006, I entered a tough physical job and put fitness on the back burner. If you bust your tail every day at work, what could you possibly gain from a thirty minute workout? I figured I'd give it a try since I had watched it transform my wife into a happier and healthier person. Maybe, just maybe, Amanda was on to something here.

Day 1 to Day 90!
I started out and man, was it tough that first week. Thankfully, Amanda was there to encourage me to keep pushing forward. Every day, she gets her workout in, takes care of our son with severe food allergies, and works three part-time jobs. So where was my excuse for "time"? Every day I got up early and pressed play. I thought I might lose five pounds over three months IF I could stick with it.

Some of the workouts I quickly learned to love - there is so much variety you never get bored with a routine. I am partial to the upper body workouts (Incinerator, Eccentric Upper) but some of the cardio really grew on me too - like Agility and MMX.  MMX is based in Mixed Martial Arts and it is awesome! I initially disliked Yoga but it really grew on me over time. Sixteen different workouts, not a dull day.

Finally feeling great!
The fitness plan alternates your workouts so you focus on a different muscle group each day doing some form of cardio, resistance, or power training. There are also core, flexibility, and balance workouts. I took chocolate Shakeology from the start and my appetite dropped by at least 1/3 per day and my cravings for junk food vanished. I didn't follow the meal plan or count my calorie intake. My meals were largely lean meat, vegetables/fruit, and good carbs.  

Day 1 to Day 90!

So how does this P90X3 thing help? Why do this if you have a physical job? Good question - here's what I experienced:
  • In the first month, I lost weight and build up muscle where I never had it before - in my chest, my core, my upper back, and my legs. 
  • I have battled severe plantar fasciitis and tendonitis for a few years but it's finally gone. Eating well, Shakeology, and the emphasis on stretching have actually helped my body strengthen rather then facing a new injury. 
  • Last year, I used to get winded and sometimes hurt my back chasing my toddler around. Now I not only keep up with him, but I also tire him out!
  • Eating healthier and working out has really helped my immune system too. I can't remember feeling sick for long this winter and I dodged the flu completely. 
  • I have lost a total of 13 pounds and 4.5 inches and gained a confidence I never thought I'd have!
My summary: I work in a physical work environment so strength training and stretching has never been a priority - but man, it should have been! Losing weight and getting the nutrition my body needs has increased my energy level and greatly improved my attitude!"

Day 1 to Day 90!


We had fun writing our first post together and hope our review helped you! We are looking forward to writing many more! :)

Thank you for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment