Sunday, May 18, 2014

21 Day Fix chocolate chip cookies - including allergy-friendly option!


2 cookies = 1 yellow container

So there is a GREAT recipe in the Fix book that I love for oatmeal cookies with chocolate morsels. I modified it a little today, as I didn't have any pecans, and I haven't been to the grocery store in awhile. This makes 16 cookies, and 2 cookies equal 1 yellow container!

Ingredients:

1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Here's the REALLY amazing thing about this recipe. The only thing my little guy can't have in here is oats! This is so rare, I can't even tell you how excited I was when I saw this recipe. So what I did was cut the recipe in half and make two separate batches. One batch had oats, the other had flour that is safe for Logan. If you have a picky eater, or a little one who struggles with allergies and still want to include them, this may be a great option for you. Of course, it DOES include wheat, so keep that in mind!

To top it off, these cookies are SO easy to make, it took me about 5 minutes, even with splitting the recipe up!

First, I gathered all of the ingredients and preheated the oven to 350. I didn't have old fashioned rolled oats on hand, so I just used quick oats, which worked just fine:



 I grabbed two separate bowls, and put half of the ingredients with 1/2 cup oats in one, and half of the ingredients with 1/2 cup flour in the other:

Oat mixture is on the right, flour mixture is on the left

I mixed each with separate forks (some people use whisks, I'm just not a huge fan, they're hard to clean and a fork does the same thing for me):

Oat mixture is on the right, flour mixture is on the left

There is only one brand of chocolate chips that are completely dairy and soy-free, and that is the Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used this in the mixture:


Flour mixture

Oat mixture

I used a rounded tablespoon and two separate pans (I highly recommend parchment paper, we just happened to be out at this time) to scoop each cookie onto the pans (make sure to use safe cooking spray if you're dealing with allergies). Bake at 350 for about 14 - 16 minutes, or until firm.





I love chocolate smiles! :)
I had my two cookies and stayed on track with my 21 Day Fix plan! Actually, right after this, I killed my Dirty Thirty workout - they even gave me energy!

Enjoy!

- Amanda



7 comments:

  1. Thanks - Do you know what the container count is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi faithgirl! I don't know why I'm just seeing this, but two cookies are one yellow container! :)

      Delete
  2. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you counting the applesauce and chocolate chips? shouldn't there be a partial purple container and teaspoon count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty! This recipe is directly from the 21 Day Fix recipe book, so I used their measurements.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also 90mm celotex

    ReplyDelete