Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Easy MSPI/FPIES bread machine bread! :)


L can't have ANY store bought bread. Zero. None. All have soy or butter or both! So I make him his own loaf once a week and try to freeze the leftovers to take out later that week. I do it this way because the flour can be pricey unless you use it sparingly!

I based this recipe off of this website but changed some things around so it would be safe for L. There Is wheat, but there is no dairy, soy, eggs, or barley! It literally takes me 5 minutes to throw all of the ingredients in the bread pan!

Ingredients:

1 1/8 cups warm water
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour (most cost-effective barley-free flour I could find)
1.5 cups barley-free bread flour (this is very hard to find! I have to buy it from our local Natural Living Center)
1 Tbsp milled flaxseed (I can't put any more than this in, otherwise it's too much fiber for my little guy to handle)
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast (if your LO can handle it)

I always pour my water, honey, and oil in the pan, then add the dry ingredients except for the yeast. Make a small well in the center of the pan, and pour yeast in. I've found that the bread is crunchy on the outside and super soft on the inside if you have the settings on "basic" and "light". It makes a 1.5 lb loaf so make sure your settings are correct on that too. 



Enjoy! As you can see, L loves it with blueberry jam! :)



-Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment